Monday, June 23, 2014

Character Mandala's

Want a great way to have your students analyze character traits. Try this activity.



When I did this with my students they really had to think about their characters to represent them in pictorial form. It was fun to watch their pages come together. You can purchase the file that has all you need for this lesson at TPT (TeachersPayTeachers.) The file includes a PowerPoint that introduces what a mandala is and how they have been made by Monks, Native American's and everyday people. Then you will have copies of the examples you see here and 3 templates for students to choose from. I promise you will absolutely love this project. Your students will as well. It went well with our novel study. I suggest having them write about their mandala after they have created it and explain it in words. I will add that element this year.

Follow this link to get yours -  TPT - Mandala

No comments:

Post a Comment