Friday, April 24, 2015

Teachers Pay Teachers Store

I am really proud of some of the work I have been doing lately. I have been sharing it on Teachers Pay Teachers. Some of my newest stuff includes:

1. Characterization set - where you can introduce character traits with 6 clues on a poster. Then students will work with a partner and a book of your or their choosing to fill in the graphic organizer. Then there is a quiz they fill in to see if they really got the lesson. It also includes a worksheet for students to keep track of characters in their novels they are reading or that you are reading as a class. My students love this Paper doll activity and ask for it each time we read a new novel. 

2. Legend by Marie Lu - I have been teaching this novel to my 6th graders. It's a fairly new book so there hasn't been much out there in the way of interacting with the text. I created vocabulary and comprehension questions. I created an introductory pack. I also make a pop-up card to help them interact with the exposition of the plot. It's been fun creating it. It's been even more fun watching them use my work. They love it.

3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I created a version of my pop-up card planner for this novel as well. I can tell you that my students loved the pop-up cards. Now when we discuss the setting or characters they have a firm foundation from the work they did in part 1 of the novel within their pop-up card. It's a great hands on activity to get them really making meaning.

I try to keep all my work under $5. I know teachers are struggling every day to get by and come up with new ideas. I also include the word documents with my products. I know sometimes you may want to change one or two things to make it a little different to meet your students needs. Click on the links to check out the work. Or follow me to my store.

Teacher Pay Teachers ------->   DAISY A DAY CLASSROOM

Enjoy. And Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment