Thursday, November 6, 2014

Character traits

I am always looking for new and fun ways to connect a student's learning. Creative ways are my favorite. I use TeachersPayTeachers (TPT) a lot! However, on my best days, when I am not bogged down with grading, testing, naughty behavior, school meetings or other nonsense....I get to invent these ways myself. My most recent triump was when I thought to use paper dolls to do pull together characterization traits.
We are reading the Maze Runner in class. After introducing the 6 ways to characterize the people in our story we wrote what we knew about each character on a paper doll that we cut out. We glued these in our journals. (I use composition notebooks. They work best and are not messy.) We then took those traits and copied them onto the worksheet I created. It is available for a low price on TPT.

Click here for the link -------->Characterization with Paper dolls

Each student keeps track as we read. I keep track on a bulletin board in class.


 They can always check their work to mine making sure they didn't miss anything. It has been so fun! The students love it! Try yours out today.

No comments:

Post a Comment